Round VS Princess?
Why pit these two cuts against each other?
Simple; they are the #1 and #2 most popular shapes of diamond.
Just about everyone getting an engagement ring today, are looking at one or the other (and most people buy the pave mountings.
So what are the benefits of each?
Let’s find out…
Round Cut Diamond Benefits:
The round cut, actually called the brilliant cut, is the classic and best selling cut of diamond of all time.
- It’s perfectly symmetrical
- Has no sharp corners to catch
- Has the most brilliance of any cut
- Fits literally any mounting
- Has the most abundance amount of choices and styles
- Easy to upgrade, trade in, or sell
- Has GIA’s cut grade standards
Now the princess cut…
Princess Cut Diamond Benefits:
- About 20% cheaper
- Looks much bigger than the round diamond
- Is called the “PRINCESS”
- Can also be cut to “ideal standards”
- Looks better with other square cut stones
- Is also cut with the brilliant cutting style
Now what about the cons…
Round Cut Diamond Cons:
- Everyone has one
- Most expensive cut there is
Princess Cut Diamond Cons:
- Corners are weak, and should be V-tipped (see below)
Compare Prices Below:
|CARAT, CLARITY, COLOR, SHAPE, POL, SYM, FLUOR||PRICE||VIEW|
|1.00, SI1, F, ROUND, EX, EX, NONE||$4,450||VIEW|
|1.00, SI1, F, PRINCESS, EX, EX, NONE||$3,460||VIEW|
(prices good at the time of this post)
See, it’s much cheaper to go square, than round.
All in all, you really can’t go wrong with either cut. It really comes down to what shape you prefer. But to be able to get a much bigger looking diamond, CHEAPER, is a huge benefit to princess cuts.
And, knowing that you can get perfectly cut princess ideal diamonds (True Hearts) at James Allen (much cheaper than any mall jewelry store), then there’s really no need to shop anywhere else.
14k Wheat Chains