Gemstones are always interesting because they represent so many different things.
For example, most of us know that gems represent our birth months:
- January – Garnet
- February – Amethyst
- March – Aquamarine
- April – Diamond
- May – Emerald
- June – Pearl – Alexandrite – Moonstone
- July – Ruby
- August – Peridot
- September – Sapphire
- October – Opal – Pink Tourmaline
- November – Citrine – Yellow Topaz
- December – Blue Topaz – Blue Zircon – Tanzanite
Read more: Month to nonth birthstones.
Gemstones for the DAY you were born:
Not only do certain gemstones represent the months we were born in, but there is also a gemstone that stands for the DAY we were born on. Most people don’t know this. What day were you born on? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday? (If you don’t know, just Google your birthday month and year.)
Here are the days of the week and the gems that are associated with them:
- Sunday – Topaz
- Monday – Pearl
- Tuesday – Ruby
- Wednesday – Amethyst
- Thursday – Sapphire
- Friday – Carnelian
- Saturday – Turquoise
That’s an interesting mix of gems. As you’ll notice, a good portion of the same gems are used to represent our birth month as well. But something about Fridays and Saturdays make them different. Were you born on a Friday or Saturday? You get some unique gems. Congrats. Carnelian is cool.!
Moving onto the stars… We get into the astrological gemstones. Your zodiac sign has a gemstone associated with it as well. Let’s look at the zodiac gemstones:
- Capricorn – Dec 21 – Jan 19 – Green Tourmaline
- Aquarius – Jan 20 – Feb 18 – Sapphire
- Pisces – Feb 19 – Mar 20 – Amethyst
- Aries – Mar 21 – Apr 20 – Ruby
- Taurus – Apr 21 – May 20 – Golden Topaz
- Gemini – May 21 – Jun 20 – Citrine
- Cancer – Jun 21 – July 21 – Alexandrite
- Leo – July 22 – Aug 21 – Garnet
- Virgo – Aug 22 – Sep 21 – Emerald
- Libra – Sep 22 – Oct 22 – Peridot
- Scorpio – Oct 23 – Nov 21 – Aquamarine
- Sagittarius – Nov 22 – Dec 20 – Garnet
Agates are Awesome! I Love those Stones!
So here is the breakdown of the gems that represent me: I was born in October, I get pink tourmaline and opal for my month. I was born on a Tuesday, so my gem for the day is ruby. I’m also a libra, so my stone is peridot. What a weird mix. I don’t like any of those stones. HA! I don’t care to wear pink, red or green.
Why couldn’t I get cool gems like sapphires or garnets? You know if I stop and think about it, nothing keeps me from wearing those gems anyway. Do gems that represent the stars in the sky, the month or the day really matter? I’m thinking not. I say, wear what you like and wear what looks good on you. And if that doesn’t work, just wear diamond. Diamond works for any month, day, year or zodiac sign.
Diamond is the BEST gem of all! :)
Check out the really Cool Gemstone kits from Amazon.