Same thing. Because stainless steel (316L) makes for some of the best and cheapest neck chains you could ever buy.
Seriously, for just a few bucks, you can get pretty much any size, thickness, length, or gram weight (like these steel neck chains here).
What makes steel such a great choice for a necklace?
- Appearance – It looks like more expensive white metals, like white gold, titanium, tungsten. It’s a tad darker in hue, doesn’t have the bright white luster of white gold (and white gold is rhodium plated to make it look less yellowish – and that plating will wear off overtime), but more of a gun-metal gray (which many wrist watches are made of). Steel is not plated (unless you purchase a yellow gold or black plated chain).
- Durability – Steel is much more durable than gold, it will last you a lifetime. Sure titanium and tungsten are durable as well, but steel is more popular when it comes to chains.
- Hypoallergenic – It won’t cause reactions or allergies to your skin, unlike white gold (which often contains nickel). So sensitive skin types will have no issues with such a pure durable metal.
- Anti-Tarnish – Steel won’t fade, tarnish, or corrode (it’s even hard to scratch). It will pretty much look this way forever (you can leave it in your jewelry box for 20 years and it will look the same).
- Cheap – It’s like 1% the cost of gold. If you compare the same size of chain in steel, to the same size chain in white gold, the price is not even close. Take this example below… (It was difficult to find exact chains, and even then, the thickness and weight is miles apart).
- Style – Almost every style and design of chain comes in stainless steel, so your choices are endless.
Personally, I own about 5 stainless steel chains and 3 bracelets. I just love how they look and feel, how durable they are, how they’ll never tarnish, and the price is AWESOME!
So if you want an extremely tough durable chain (no problems sleeping in them), then check out all of the steel necklace chains here at Amazon.
You May Also Like:
You May Also Like:
James Allen is a leader in diamonds. Their real time interactive diamond inspection is the best in the industry. View and rotate any diamond under 20x magnification. Their prices, selection, lifetime warranty, 24/7 customer support and hassle free returns are unbeatable. Visit James Allen today.
Blue Nile is the largest and most well known respected diamond dealer online. They are highly trusted, have a huge inventory, and low low prices (compare anywhere and see for yourself). If you want to save money, or build your own ring, this is the place to shop. Visit Blue Nile today.