Cut it off!
Almost daily we get people coming into the store to get their rings cut off.
They’re too TIGHT!
Not only do jewelers get them, but more notable professions use them more…
Firefighters & EMT’s!
They cut rings off people all the time due to lack of circulation! Hands and fingers swell, and the ring MUST come off FAST in an emergency.
A Ring Cutter is Essential!
They make many different versions of finger ring cutters on the market, but many of these are not worth the purchase…
Because what good is a cutter…
If the cutter doesn’t work well, doesn’t cut all types of rings, or is hard to handle.
The last thing you want in an emergency, is a ring cutter that’s useless or inefficient.
So what do you buy?
Buy yourself a tool that has these features:
- Heavy Duty
- Easy to Rotate Handles (think can opener)
- Easy to hold (no odd thumb press button)
- Will cut through anything – Gold, Platinum, Steel
- Has extra blades
Because most ring cutters will NOT cut steel or platinum. You need stronger blades, ones with diamond blades to cut through those dense metals.
And the longer or wider the turning device, the better. Tools with very tiny rotating knobs will make your fingers hurt in no time.
You want to be able to grip them easily, squeeze the handles tight, rotate the knobs, and cut through the ring without much effort.
A couple pointers to note when cutting rings:
- Lay their hand flat, palm up. It’s easier to slide the tool in between the ring and the spongy part of their finger.
- Once cut apart, do not pull ring off finger–YET The edges of the metal are razor sharp and will slice flesh! You should grab pliers, bend the ring slightly apart and then gently pull off finger so you don’t harm the person or their skin.
- Once the ring is cut off, do not rub your eyes. Wash your hands to remove all the tiny slivers and particles of metal!!!! (everyone should do this) You don’t want those sharp objects in your eyes.
These are the ring cutters I recommend buying:
Get yourself a ring cutter…
You never know when you’ll need one.
P.S. My favorite line to tell people that come in to get their ring removed and resized (and yes, the rings can be re-shaped and re-soldered back together again by any experienced jeweler), is this:
“Wait here, I have a Finger Cutter in the back!”
You should see their faces. What a Hoot!
Top Recommended Vendors:
James Allen is a leader in diamonds. Their real time interactive diamond inspection is the best in the industry. View and rotate any diamond under 20x magnification. Their prices, selection, lifetime warranty, 24/7 customer support and hassle free returns are unbeatable. Visit James Allen today.
Blue Nile is the largest and most well known respected diamond dealer online. They are highly trusted, have a huge inventory, and low low prices (compare anywhere and see for yourself). If you want to save money, or build your own ring, this is the place to shop. Visit Blue Nile today.